I have the paperback's ISBN number and next week will have the Hardback's one. So much to do before the target April 23rd publishing date. I'm still waiting for the edited version to come back to me so I can make the final tweaks. On Friday of last week, I gave ten copies of the unedited version of Quest for Truth to ten test readers. 8 Children and 2 adults. The children (Aged between 10 and 14 seem to be loving it, the adults have made no comment yet.) I'm also pushing ahead full throttle on tow short books to tie in and give away for free through Amazon Books. One is a compendium of all the characters and places, giving a different view of the world of Figmentasia. The second not started yet will be a short story about Queen Denmilate and her rise to power.
Well, it's finally arrived. Figmentasia: The Quest for Truth has been published. The whole self-publishing process has been challenging. Ingram-Spark does things completely differently from Amazon. Ironically most people find Amazon easier to format and upload their books. I found Ingram Spark a lot easier. Now comes the hard part of marketing the book. There is a presskit now set up on the Figmentasia website. The SHOP part of the website is also functional now, to make it easier for people to purchase the books.
So it seems that after many failed attempts at blogging, part of intending to write your first novel and promote it means starting a blog even before I have gotten half way through writing it. I didn't really think of how much other work was going to be needed, and initially only started writing to stop me from suffering from cabin fever while doctors investigate why I collapse every so often. So what have a learned so far. Well firstly to make sure I had a decent software package to collate all my ideas and write in. I am slightly dyslexic and my grammar is atrocious, so the software also needed to be able to help with that. I knew starting it that I would need some sort of copy editor, and on benefits here, this meant that when I get to the stage I am happy to hand it over for a structure and copy edit that I am going to have to rely on friends and family to help. I also thought that by writing a fantasy storybook novel for children between the ages of 8 and 14 would mean not s...
Comments
Post a Comment